Saturday, September 4, 2010

An amazing first week of school

It's been a while guys. I just completed a quick take-home quiz for German and I'm going to do my readings for Comm. and Society. Hopefully I can finally go visit the gym tonight as well, while everyone else is out partying! So many things to do.
I'm sitting alone in my dorm while many of my friends are out at the Carousel Mall, which is apparently huge. Lucky them! I knew that I had to update my blog though, and tell the details of my move-in process.
To say it simply, the move-in was a mess. It was great meeting and hugging my roommate Julia, but it took us a while to finish unpacking everything. We came in at the exact time, so our boxes and suitcases were everywhere. I didn't bring as much clothes and items as she did, so I ventured off onto campus to meet some friends.
I first met Isaac, Justin and Jocelyn who I've been chatting with frequently online. They really are exactly as I expected: approachable, funny and amazing. Jackie, who I met later on the day, is quickly becoming my go-to girl. We have such fun times together, though I'm worried that her constant partying might start distancing us already. We'll see what becomes of our friendship.
On the first day Isaac, Jocelyn, Jackie, Daniel and I went out to eat at a Chinese restaurant; the food was mediocre at best. The dumplings were dry and tasteless, though I admit it was vegetarian. I planned to attend to many of the events there, such as the Ice Cream Social and Move at the Quad, but I had so much fun just hanging out with them. We laughed, talked about the past, play cards, and tried to go swimming (fail). Needless to say, it felt like I knew them for years. The first day was definitely the best, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.


&v.

No comments:

Post a Comment