Thursday, August 19, 2010

Motivation & what's new

It's been a while since I last updated with a book review. Again, I felt no motivation to update with even an old book review. It's too bad, since I've done many things this past week with some great friends.
So, what motivates me to update this blog?

1. Enjoyment
Right now I'm not sure what topic or area I really enjoy to write about. I mean, I love blogging about myself and my awesome life, and it's fun writing my own perspective of different topics. In all seriousness, I love writing, and that's why I'm interested in going into the magazine industry.
2. For future reference It'll be fun rereading old blogspot entries 10 years from now when I'm successful, own my own magazine company and filthy rich. It's like now, when I read my Xanga blog entries way back from 7th grade. "Just came back from school...and I'm bored. Props plz." Or something like that.
3. Readers & supporters Who wouldn't want to read the epic, heartbreaking and staggering life of Vania E. Myers? That was only of slight exaggeration. My goal is not to get more readers; it's to show readers that I do write everyday, and that my writing can improve.

I think I'm going to stick this reminder up on the wall in front of me in my dorm room. I truly want to stick to this. Truly.


So what's new?

- I got a haircut a couple of days ago. I love it! It definitely takes off some of the weight of my hair; it's very layered now, and the length is practically the same. My bangs are also updated.
- My penpal wrote me the sweetest letter! I was so surprised when I opened my mailbox. She wrote way more than I did, and she told me that she never heard of a lot of my favorite bands/artists. So, I decided to send over a letter and a mix CD of some of my catchy tunes. A mix is not mine unless it has Sufjan and Vampire Weekend in it.
- I took up another penpal, and she's from Korea. She seems so sweet! I love how many Koreans know English enough to have conversations.
- I downloaded Urban Outfitter's LSTN #11 recently, and I love it! There are 21 songs from various artists/bands that go from catchy to mellow. I highly recommend it.
- In four days, I'm going to college. It's unbelievable.



This is the package I sent my penpal with the mix cd in it. I tried to decorate it by gluing on doilies on the sides.


&c.

No comments:

Post a Comment